Acura receives notable recognition for their dedication to implementing leading safety technology in every model offering for 2015.
For one brand, safety is a top priority. It is a personal quest to provide life-saving technology to protect the well-being of passengers and driver alike. As a result of their ongoing commitment to delivering exceptional safety technology and design, Acura has now been named the first luxury brand to receive top safety ratings across its entire model line. Each vehicle offered in 2015 was ranked as an IIHS Top Safety Pick+ when equipped with optional front crash protection and earned a 5-Star rating from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA).
This means a lot to Acura – it is a hard-earned recognition of their dedication to providing exceptional safety features. For Acura, safety is more than a score on paper, it is the countless stories of individuals, families and friends who were protected during a crash. In fact, the company saves every letter of appreciation they receive from those who send letters of thanks following a crash or accident. This helps the team transform their work into something personal and deeply meaningful.
Acura’s safety philosophy is simple: Help Protect Everyone. This is the mantra that drives engineers and designers to create vehicles that exceed government standards to protect those within the car in addition to pedestrians and other drivers who share the road.
To accomplish their goal of safety for everyone, Acura implements a variety of safety technologies including:
- AcuraWatch™ – this program helps deliver important information to the driver so they can be more aware of what and who is around them. In some cases, the technology can also intervene to help avoid a dangerous situation or lessen the severity of a collision.
- Vehicle Stability Assist – this technology helps increase steering control even in dangerous circumstances such as loss of traction on wet or icy roads by applying the optimal amount or torque or braking to each wheel as necessary.
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE™) – Acura engineers have created a unique body construction that helps reduce collision forces in frontal crashes for all car sizes and models.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System – This technology alerts drivers of obstacles ahead to provide a visual alert. If the driver fails to react in time, the technology will even help brake the car for the driver to mitigate the severity of the collision.
- Sensor Activated Power Windows – Not every danger comes from the road. Features such as moonroofs, windows, and tailgates are designed to sense obstacles such as a small child’s fingers and automatically reverse while closing to prevent injury.
Drivers can learn more about the extensive safety technology built into every Acura vehicle by contacting a friendly representative at Acura Santa Barbara.
About Acura Santa Barbara
Acura Santa Barbara, serving the Santa Barbara area, is the premier retailer of new and used Acura vehicles. With a dedicated sales staff and top-trained technicians, at Acura Santa Barbara we aim to make each customer’s auto shopping experience fun, easy, and financially advantageous. Check out the 2015 TLX, MDX, the popular RDX, or any of the other reliable, affordable models in the Acura line up. Acura Santa Barbara is located at 401 South Hope Ave in Santa Barbara, right off the 101 and Hope Ave exit.